
Yesterday morning I had to get some grocery shopping done. So after I got Ashlyn off to school I put Rigg down for a nap and got Hazen set up with a movie. I kissed Cody on the cheek and tried to make the quickest stealth mommy get away before Hazen realized I was leaving. As I was heading out the door, a friend called and wanted me to meet her at Michaels. This was perfect as it is next to a Walmart. So Hazen hears me on the phone and catches on that is am leaving. I run to the garage and jump in the car before he attaches himself to my leg. WHEW! That was a close one. Good thing I got up early & took a shower. So what if I didnt get to doing my hair. So what if I coughed so much this morning that all my makeup got thrown out with the tissues. I was out shopping KID FREE. As I'm basking in the triumph of my great escape and turn the heater up in the car, I glanced down & rememberd how cold I was this morning. The many layers I bundled in, the warm fuzzy pink socks to warm my feet, and my comfy slippers that made the morning rush so cozy. Yep. This would be the coziest shopping trip ever, for I had forgotten to replace said comfy slippers and pink fuzzy socks with real shoes! Good Times

While on this comfy shopping trip, I found myself in the baby section, wishing I didnt have to buy diapers for double the kids. I decided right there in the aisle that I am officially too cheap to buy any more diapers for Hazen. I marched over to the underwear aisle and after much deliberation between tighty whities and boxer briefs, I decided to try both. The character underwear was quite tempting, but I stuck to the basics and bravely tossed my impending doom into the cart. When I arrived home this is how it went down.
Me: Hazen, you get to wear big boy panties now
Cody: Boys dont wear panties
Me: Sorry, we have been calling it that for the last 4 years. Hazen, you get to wear big boy underpants now.
Hazen: oh ya, big boy underpants! I big boy.
Me: lets go potty and put them on.
So Hazen proudly sits on his basketball seat, so he doesnt fall in. Somehow he even manages to tinkle a few drops. He puts on his new underpants and for some genius reason I decide to show him how they work. I teach him the functionality of his new attire and the correct stance for boys. He just looks at me and says "o tay mom".
Hazen runs to show daddy his new trick. Efficiently he procedes to say with glee "LOOK AT ME DADDY" as he demonstrates his cool new trick. Hazen finds this so much fun I have to explain that we only use our handy pocket when we go potty. To distract him I tell him he can call Grandpa. So I dial the number and it goes something like this
Grandpa (B-pa): Hello
Hazen: THUNDERPANTS
Me: Did you catch that dad
Grandpa: No
Hazen: THUNDERPANTS
Grandpa: did he say thunderpants?
Me: yep
Grandpa: Good luck with that. He just might show you thunderpants.
Me: thanks
I talked for a few more minutes and hang up the phone just in time to here " Mom, I all wet". Not even 10 minutes in and we have our first accident. Dont you worry, 10 minutes later he peed his pants again.
All I can say is this will be a fun week. I can wear my slippers all I want cause as long as we are wearing THUNDERPANTS, I wont be leaving the house any time soon!
You are a brave girl! I am too scared to attempt that with Landon! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteHang in there! I seriously dread potty training from the moment I take my newborns home from the hospital!
ReplyDeleteI love it! You are a great writer, i dont' think i would normally sit and read a blog that long- but it was very entertaining- thanks for the enjoyment! Jill
ReplyDeleteYou are brave. Zane got Cars underwear for Christmas, but i have been to busy to try the potty training thing and too scared to go there. I am afraid of this new phase. Let me know how it goes. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the potty training! I love those slippers. They are so cute! I would trade my shoes in for those. umm... I love comfort.
ReplyDeleteAt least your slippers are soooo cute!
ReplyDeleteLook how cute Hazen is in his Thunderpants!!!!! A few weeks ago, the lady that leads the music in Sacrament meeting at our ward had on two different shoes - so at least your slippers were a matching pair!!!
ReplyDelete