Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Stepping Stones

So July was a total butt kicker! But as always with trials come blessings. In fact some of our trials are a blessing. I was just getting comfortable with Cody's new job and we were relieved that we had a few years at his new subdivision. Should have known better! Out of nowhere his broker let him go. After the whole 'stomach hits your toes, I think I'm gonna puke' feeling passed, both Cody and I felt like this was a blessing. I have been praying for years that he could come to church with me as opposed to attending an earlier ward. So we are starting over with who knows what, but who doesnt need a little adventure! At least Cody was let go 2 days before we were heading to see his parents in the White Mountains. So instead of the super quick trip we had planned, we decided to stay for a week. It was so beautiful. My sister Chaney and her daughter Ruby came with us and we enjoyed the small town getaway.

While we were gone, I got a call that my dad was in the hospital. Lets just say we came WAY too close to losing him to a heartattack! Again, it was a blessing that my mom got him help when she did. My dad is amazing and after just a few days in the hospital and a stint, he is trying to act like he is perfectly normal. I just know better and hope he decides to take it a little easier.

Ashlyn just started all day kindergarten. She was so pooped the first day! But by this morning (day 3) she wanted to ride the bus! I was way more nervous about that than I was on her first day. The only reason she got to go is because my wonderful neighbor follows the bus to make sure that Ash and her son Artiz get to class and then walks them to the bus after school to make sure they get on the right one. You rock Sally!

As if I wasnt trying to recover from last month already (oh so much I cant even begin) I just learned that one of my closest friends who I love so much is moving to Utah. I just keep randomly crying everytime I think about is. Jeni, I dont know what I am gonna do without you!

So despite all the bummers, Cody and I have a plan and feel at peace about finding a new career, my dad is still with me, Ashlyn is taking to kindergarten like a fish to water, and Jeni promises to move back as soon as she can. I choose to not trip on the heartache I feel, but instead find the tender mercies the Lord offers me through each stepping stone.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow...doesn't it seem like when it rains it pours! You are so great to look at the upside of everything! I am glad your dad is ok...We'll keep you in our prayers and hope Cody finds a job soon! Call me if you need anything, we are willing to help in any way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! You are such a brave tough spirit Jen! It is very obvious that Heavenly Father has not given you more than you can bear, and for bearing it so well, I am sure He will bless you! Maybe Seth and Cody can go into business together! We are pretty much in the same boat. Seth just got cut off his job. There is the possibility he will get put back on when things pick up, but with this economy who knows when that will be! Oh well, I too was ready for daddy to start joining us more regularly at church so despite the fact that we are at square one again, I am trying to see it as a blessing in disguise. Thanks so much for the reminder!! :-)

    ReplyDelete