We got to bless Rigg yesterday and I am a little bummed. Not because he got blessed, but because for the second kid in a row I couldnt hear the blessing. When we blessed Hazen the mic kept cutting in and out and we didnt really know what was said. This time we could hear the buzz of the mic, but not the blessing. Whats worse, in all the times I have heard babies blessed in our building, my two are the only ones that the mic hasnt worked (maybe they just need to teach Cody how to use it! hee hee)
We had a great time with our family afterwards and we feel so lucky to have such a great support system. It was great to see Cody's sisters......Katy flew in from Utah, and Neely made the trip down from Florence (okay so it just seems like Neely lives far away, but it's really not that bad).
A big KUDOS goes to my parents who rocked the food. I had gone to Costco and filled my basket with everything to make sandwiches. I was just about to check out when my mom called and suggested these subs from the Walmart deli. She told me my dad and brothers had one the night before for fathers and sons and there was still some leftover. Not only were the subs huge and delicious, they were only $5 a piece. So instead of spending $100 at Costco, I turned around and put all my food back, keep in mind this was on a Saturday and Costco is like an anthill. It was well worth making the second round and it saved me some fat cash! Thanks to Grandma & Grandpa Talbot for babysiting so I could go do my not so productive Costco run and thanks mom for going to Walmart and getting the sandwiches, and everything else!
So the other great part about the blessing was the little outfit. It belongs to my brother and sister in law. They got it for their son Zane who is 4 days older than Hazen. Zane wore it, Hazen wore it, Rigden wore it yesterday and in 2 short months when their son is born, he will wear it. I think that is kinda cool! So here is a picture of both Hazen and Rigden ( they dont look the same at all!)
Hazen James August 2006

Rigden Brody May 2008




Handsome little guy!! Looks like everybody is doing great and your parents look happy as always. Chaneys little girl is so dang cute also.
ReplyDeleteSo cute. You guys have the most beautiful babies! What a great family picture.
ReplyDeleteOh that is so great! I never got a pic of my newest in her blessing dress, so that might make ya feel a little better, check around some members write down the baby blessings. A sister in my ward did, I thought that was pretty neat.
ReplyDelete