Thursday, April 17, 2008
Not as Ready as I Thought
So for the past year I have been more than excited for Ashlyn to start kindergarten and full day at that. Not that I dont want her around, she keeps life exciting, but she needs more input than I have energy to give her. She also listens much better to anyone she doesnt call "Mom". But I got to take her to orientation last night at the school and realized this is going to be harder than I thought. I kept thinking these moms that get all teary were crazy, and so I must confess I have now joined the crazy club! I am totally not ready, in fact when they asked all the kids to go into the classroom while they talked to the parents, I was one of the few to usher mine into the room and one of the last to leave her. Yeah, I guess I am not so tough after all and I will probably be a mess come August! I want to cry just thinking about it. Ashlyn is so ready and excited. She came home with a smile, rushing to tell her dad how much she loved kindergarten, but a little annoyed cause she might have to learn about calipitars (her pronunciation) again. She just learned about those with Mrs. Sarah....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I was the last to leave Spencer on the 1st day of Kindergarten..The teacher had to assure me he'd be fine. He of course loved it..I think it's just extra hard with your first and last kids to send them off.
ReplyDelete