Thursday, January 17, 2008

Got to Have a Sense of Humor

There are 3 words I know I shouldnt say...."I WILL NEVER...." cause every time I make that statement the Lord starts chuckling in heaven saying "Thats what you think!"

Lets just say I was hearing the chuckle heavenwards yesterday morning, this time it was probably more of an amused giggle. Let's start with my "I will never" list:

1. I will never work in Home Building
2. I will never move to Provo
3. I will never marry a small town boy
4. I will never move for at least another 5 years (3 addresses in 1 yr)
5. I will never own a minivan

Here is the Lord's "That's what you think" list:

1. I worked in homebuilding for over 5 years and recieved invaluable work experience
2. I met one of my best friends to this day living in Provo
3. That small town boy is my best friend and eternal companion
4. The 4th address in a years time has been hands down my favorite!
5. Yesterday I bought a minivan!

Even though I know better than to say "I will never..." every time I do the Lord decides not only that I will, but that I will like it too. I'm so glad he knows better than I do and I just have to love the game we play and giggle too.

8 comments:

  1. I have similar list Jen!
    I'm pretty sure I'll be owning a flippin' minivan one of these days.

    Bea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha, that is so funny. I love the new minivan. I think you are going to be a minivan mom for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We struggle with the whole minivan thing...but it's starting to look more and more practical as our family grows...AHHHH! Loved your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That is so true!! I'm with you on some of those nevers...and I still haven't had to do some of them...lets hope I can keep it that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jen...
    Don't know how I found you, but I did. You look great and of course your kids are darling.
    A big one on my list is the Provo move and look where I'm at...Lehi Utah! We just move here in Nov. just in time for all the snow!
    Sommer Stevens Curtis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen I found your blog through Jeni Everett. Just had to come look. I love your post....our Yukon's lease is up soon.....minivan here we come:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jennifer!! Its Alicia LaStrange(Gerard) and I ran across your blog!! Cute family. I see your mom once in awhile when I am visiting my parents. Looks like you live in power ranch, so do we!! Keep in touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's pretty funny! I guess that we should never say "never". I think that we are in the market for a minivan too. Gotta love being a Mormon mom!

    ReplyDelete